Saturday, February 9, 2019

KAIWALYA PAAD SUTRAA-17

          TAT  UPARAGA APEKSHITATWAT  CHITASYA  VASTU  DNYATA  ADNYATAM

  THE  CHITTA  NEEDS CONTACT  WITH  VASTU -OBJECT-  TO KNOW  OR NOT  KNOW

      In the last Sutra we were told that the objects are not under control of the CHITTA or the mind . The objects continue to exist even if the MIND or the CHITTA is unaware of it . We know that  and we have experience it , just because I don't eat a sweet food , the food dos not loose the sweet taste. But my mind or CHITTA is not aware of the taste of that object . Now in this SUTRA we are told the similar thing in little different way . For CHITTA to 'Know' an object , the Chitta must come in contact with the object. So the 'contact'is through the objects or perception -sense organs .I can look at something and get some information and that may not be complete. I may have to use all my sense peseption to know an Object. I will know if it is round or square , smooth or rough , sweet or sour , hard or soft and the smell and so on . But do know this information,I must have contact btween my senses and the objects . I may conclude the information based on my previous experiences and it may be correct or incorrect.
       So the object continues to exist even if we are not aware of it .So the object is independent of our knowledge of it .The example would be a distant star. We may not be in position to see it with naked,eye, but we the help of telescope we can see it.

So the CHITTA is separate from the object and the object has independent existence. But there must be a contact between the two to get the knowledge,  

No comments:

Post a Comment