Sunday, February 17, 2019

KAIWALYA PAAD SUTRA -18

                                 SADA  DNYATAH  CHITTA  VRUTTAYAH  TAT

                                 PRABHOH  PURUSHASYA  APARINAMITAWAT

       THE  PRABHU  (SELF)  WHO  IS  IN  CHARGE  OF  THE  CHITTA,  KNOWS

ALL  THE TENDENCIES  OF  THE  CHITTA  AS  THE  SELF  DOES  NOT  CHANGE

      In the last SUTRA we were told that the CHITTA is aware of the objects sometimes  and not aware of the objects some other time . In this Sutra , we are told the difference between the Chitta  and the SELF or the Spirit. In regular science we have no SELF recognized. We know mind  and brain and intellect , but beyond there is no ATMA -SOUL-SELF. The science states that the Mind Thinks  and the information provided to the Brain  and the past experiences lead to a decision by the brain . Beyond the brain there is nothing . So when we die , there is no preservation of the impressions that have occurred in this life , nor there is any likes and dislikes continued beyond THIS life . In this Sutra we are told that the SELF is ALWAYS there  and is UNCHANGING.It is AWARE of the objects even when the CHITTA or mind stuff is not aware of it. We were told that object continues to be there even when the mind or the Chitta is not aware of it. But the Self is not AFFECTED by status of the CHITTA. So the SELF is above  and beyond the mind and intellect and brain and is UNCHANGING and is aware of ALL the things. We have a tendency to mix up the 'I' with SELF . Usually when we refer to 'I' , we are talking about the present physical body and the mind  and the intellect . When I say 'I have headache'.I am referring to my physical body-pain. When I say 'I feel sad or happy ', I am referring to status of my MIND. When I say 'I am intelligent', I am making a statement about the intellect or Brain. We have no concept that the SELF or the SPIRIT is separate from all these things which are related  and are products of NATURE OR PRAKRUTI. The SELF or SPIRIT is separate from nature or Prakruti  and is UNCHANGING or UNAFFECTED by the changes in the Nature OR PRAKRUTI .
    So in this Sutra this separation is stated again .  

No comments:

Post a Comment