Saturday, December 8, 2018

KAIWALYA PAAD SUTRA -8

            TATAS  TAT  VIPAKA  ANUGUNANAM  EVA  ABHIVYAKTIR  VASANAM


         ONLY  THOSE  DESIRE ARISE  THAT  ARE  GOING  TO COME  TO FRUITION 

     This is an interesting Sutra. It states that only those desires that are going to come to fruition, will arise Here we need to understand the concept of the Karma and impressions and the desires. Every tile we do an action there is an impression. So let us take an example . If I have never seen Pizza , and you bring in Pizza , I will not have any reaction after seeing it . But then you tell me that the Pizza has great taste, and so I eat it --I do an action . This action of eating Pizza will lead to an impression -either I like it or I dislike it . This impression will lead to future desires . When I am hungry in future , I will eat pizza if I have liked it and I will avoid it if I had disliked it. The act of eating Pizza again , will lead to impression and then then that will lead to more intense desire . We can see this with smoking or alcohol and many other addictions.
      We do many actions and we have many impressions and that leads to many desires . But we believe that there is reincarnation and so these impressions are stored in 'us'even after physical deaths.And we have many many lives and so we have a very large pot of desires and impressions. The do not die with death of physical body death. But when we are born again, we can not fulfill all the desires .So we come in different body , different social and economic and other conditions than what we might have had in last life. So we are born under those circumstances that will fulfill some desires , So WE select the family WHERE we can FULFILL those desires that are coming to surface .     So this Sutra tells us that those desires that are going to come to fruition will come to surface  and we act based on them , But this does not mean that other desires are gone.So when there is no attachment with the actions there will not be any lasting impression that leads to desire again . This happens in Yogi and in ordinary people we continue to act on desires that are coming to fruition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment