Saturday, December 6, 2014

SAMADHI PAD SUTRA -43

        SMRUTI PARISHUDDHAU SWARUPA SHUNYA EVA ARTHA  MANTRA NIRBHASA

         NIRVITARK

        WITH THE PURIFICATION OF THE MEMORY,MIND BECOMES DEVOID OF

        MEMORY,SHINES WITH THE OBJECT ITSELF,AND THEN THAT STATE IS CALLED

        NIRWITARK SAMADHI

As we continue to go further in the meditation or the Samadhi, there is a deeper or different level of the concentration or the state of the mind . In the beginning of the Samadhi,as was mentioned we start with  a statue or the picture of the GOD.and chant the Mantra. So our MIND is now thinking of the statue and the words that we are chanting . Let us say I am looking at the statue of the Lord Krishna. So when I look at the statue as the figure gets in my brain , it jogs the memory and the then the minds knows that it is statue of the Lord Krishna. Same is with the words that I am chanting. The words like OM NAMO BHAGAWATE VASUDEVAY, will mean nothing to the person who does not know the Sanskrit language. But when I say it and the words go to my brain hearing center, and goes to my MIND and then the memory is joged  and I know what it means. Even though this happens in a fraction of a second, and I am not aware of it , IT DOES HAPPEN. But with the practice , and better concentration, we reach higher levels of the Samadhi and now I do not need the statue or the word to go through the 'process' that was described , but our mind instantly gets concentrated with the SUPREME BEING,something which does not need the help of SWAROOP(THE LOOK) OR THE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE IT. This is called the NIRVITARK SAMADHI. So in this stage we don't have  the size, shape or form or the words to describe our action.So our mind is one with the object and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment